November 24, 2012

No Silk Purse, but Still


I'm surprised, and relieved,  at how much Rach's outside perspective and fresh eyes brought to this effort. She gave us our home’s "story." 

As we walked through the common areas designing, she suggested we make the dining room the gathering space, using a large farm table. 

As soon as she said "farm table", it pulled everything together in my and it turns out, TJ's minds. Now, as I think about the changes we need to make, I am choosing things that enhance the story. Plus of course, Rach and I have been talking color and a few pieces to warm the living room up visually, while I am thinking space design for a collective. It's been a great melding of talents.

Thanks, sweetie, we have our story. The ugly toad will hardly become a prince by our redesigning “kiss”, but maybe an earthy farm gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment