November 28, 2012

In Search of an Honest, Affordable Man


OMG, what a pain! 

Searching for a reliable general contractor. I’m jumping into recommendations at trusted local forums, ones I’ve relied upon for years, and they’ve changed. The best ones have been found out, and now the GC’s or workmen are writing their own recommendations as clients. Sometimes I can tell, but sometimes I can’t. I hate that I can’t trust them anymore. Damn. Damn. Damn. 

And there are dozens to sort through. I’m tired just looking. They’re hungry and in need. But I’ve had bad, graceless work done and have leaks to this day, so I need to get a good person. I’m turning to people I know, but most don’t pinch a penny quite the way I am attempting to here. So when I say,  “Can you adjust to the finish level consistent with my house?”,you can hear them thinking, 'Grand Old Victorian.'

Not quite!

No comments:

Post a Comment