December 5, 2012

Aloha

Pineapples… The chairs had pineapples carved on the back. 

The table was huge and baronial, not farm. Not right.  We traveled for an hour each way to find the right piece for a Farm table and chairs at a good price. I don’t know if I can do this…

I realized that the whole story of my house transformation swings around the idea of a farm or house, and the dining room table for eight has to be a harvest table. You know, reclaimed wood top with turned legs, maybe a drawer on the side, maybe painted, but worn painted legs. But all big and full of a life it has lived before we got it. That’s what I want to invite all my people to sit around with cups of hot cocoa, and coffee and tea. I realized that finding that piece is pivotal, even if it means selling my glass top, wood and anodized metal table and chairs (sigh! I still love the set. It was the first piece of furniture I bought just to please myself.). Having that dining room right is the visual anchor to how I design this the right way. How this will all work.

And it took a whole day to schlep to go see it. It seemed to have what I needed when I spoke with the owner and I'd like to think well of myself for reusing an item. And the table did, but it was heavy. Just heavy and Hawaiian with raffia seated chairs that were unraveling.

Can I do this? 
Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment